Wednesday 19 May 2010

All quiet on the western front

The boys both slept through the night again last night which is brilliant, it's so lovely getting a decent nights sleep, especially as Rich is away so can't help out with looking after them. I think they're doing really well for a four month old and a two month old!

I went home at lunch time and they were happy to see me and so good in their crates. It's a beautiful sunny day here so I took them into the garden for half an hour to stretch their legs and for a good run around. They both love it when their kongs are filled with puppy paste (I do this every time I leave them) so to get them really going I put a bit of paste in and then threw the kongs round the garden for them to chase! They love it. Angus is a bit more alert than Archie, sometimes when I throw them Angus is off straight away but Archie just looks up at me as if to say 'What's all the fuss about??'.

I've been trying to think of ingenious ways of getting them to run round the garden to burn off some energy (I can't wait until I can take them both for walks although going by Archie's reaction to a lead and collar the other day I don't think it's going to be easy!) and in the past have sellotaped a piece of string to the end of a drum stick (!) with a treat on the end which I then run around with and they run after! Not ideal so I'm going to have a look into a puppy bubble machine an ingenious contraption that sends out bubbles that are bacon flavoured (as seen on Victoria Stilwells It's Me or the Dog one of my favourite programmes). Then I don't have to do the hard work, the machine does the hard work for me!

I can't wait to get home tonight to see them, it's so lovely having company while Rich is away with work.

I will update again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment