Monday 17 May 2010

Right then, it's time to stop messing about...















I used to live in a house share and often got bored in the evenings because my other half lived two hours away so my lovely sister advised me that I should start a blog all about sausage dogs, seeing as I love them so much. I did try and set it up but didn't really feel as if I could do a blog justice without any experience of owning a dog.

I have always wanted a dog, I grew up with sausage dogs and have just been in love with dogs in general since I was little. If you ask any of my friends what I want most the answer would definitely be 'a dog!'.

Well, on 5th April my life changed forever - my boyfriend and I got our first puppy! His name is Angus and he's a miniature smooth hair dachshund. He's currently 17 weeks old but we got him when he was 10 weeks old. The last few weeks have certainly been a learning curve! He is adorable but he is also a very submissive, timid dog (we're not sure why, he is also a happy little chappy), he's quite scared of meeting new people so we're hoping to take him to puppy classes in the near future to try and help him with that.

While we were getting Angus we decided that really we wanted two puppies so that one on it's own didn't get bored. At the time the breeder only had Angus for sale but she happened to have some younger puppies in the back so we had a look... and fell in love with Archie! He is now 10 weeks old and is a black and tan miniature dachshund.

I think Angus may have been a bit spoilt in the 3 weeks we had him on his own, he is a lovely dog, very eager to please and we were getting on with training really well until Archie came home! He's only been here a week though so there's plenty of time for them to get on and sort each other out. Archie is also a lovely dog, very different to Angus though, he's far more adventurous and gets his nose into everything! He is also not at all scared of meeting new people, it may be because he's still young but hopefully he'll stay that way.

Anyway, that's my first proper post, I'm going to keep updating it so that you can all see how well they are coming along!


No comments:

Post a Comment